Dimmable Par20 5 Watt LED Spot Light Bulb Replacement for Incandescent Halogen Track Lighting Recess Light E26 Standard Screw Base Warm White 1321ww


Great halogen replacements5

Finally a bright-enough LED par20. I replaced 50W halogens for almost the same light output. They dim great (Lutron electronic dimmer don't know the model). They CAN be installed with halogens at the same time and will dim together fine which is great for the undecided or for the ones who don't want to fully commit to a slightly colder color. (They aren't quite warm white but close)



I'm sure that as my review ages my rating will go down for them but right now these are hands down the best energy efficient par20 dimmables for the price. CFL dimmables do exist and cost half of these upfront but they tend to die fast. Maybe I have bad luck but dimmable CFLs are known to have much shorter lives when cycled often.



For me the big win is that in California energy is really expensive. For a typical bill the last 100kWh of the month costs me 35 cents per kwh. These let me reduce electric consumption in kitchen lighting from 45kwH per month to 4kwH. That's $14 a month or $168 a year. They'll pay for themselves pretty quickly though I'm sure I'll leave them on more now.



The bulb is never more than slightly warm to the touch. My recessed lights are 18 inches above my head so I could always feel the heat when under the halogens. It never bothered me but with these you won't get that.



Overall the only downside for me is the slightly colder light temperature. Not quite as warm white as I'd like but certainly not white. But the fuzzy feeling of saving money makes it warmer.More detail ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List